Role Play High School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role Play High School

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... Empty
PostSubject: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Ehh we know what were talkin bout here...
Back to top Go down
https://rphs.rpg-board.net
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:06 pm

The day neared it's end- the sky painted in orange, yellow and pink hues, as the sun hid behind trees in the distance. A lithe figure placed a straw lid over a handmade basket, gently, as he turned to a younger boy. "You've got the net prepped for the night, little buddy?" He asked, in a playful, yet gentle voice. The other knocked a rock into a peg, securing roped webbing into the tide of the river.

"I'm not so little anymore!" The boy seemed to beg to be relinquished from the long lived title. "But yep! It's good and strong, and won't break when the fish catch and struggle." He chirped in a small, boyish voice- still clinging the higher pitch of youthful males. He was still little though- smaller than most boys his own age.

"Then, let's get back, quick! It's dangerous at night.. The monsters might git'cha!" The older teased, lifting the basket of fish above his head.

The younger stuck out his tongue, "There's no such thing!" He sneared, before his false appearance of strength weakened to nervousness, "But still..." He trailed, taking off like a bat out of hell, "Catch me, Nahuel! If you're man enough to keep up!"

In the blink of an eye the other chased after, a small smirk on his face. The boy played strong, but he truly did fear the monsters in the dark. "You're such a baby! I'll show you man enough, shrimp!" The laughing gleeful two, raced on carelessly, as the few still alive fish flopped in the basket, and a few even managed an escape into the dirt behind.

Just over the hill, Adymn spotted the boys racing back towards the village, letting out a small sigh of relief. They both had messy brown hair, and beautiful golden eyes- strange how much they looked like brothers, when truly, they were not. The younger's brother passed on- a victim of depression that lead later to his untimely death. He was protective and loving of his younger brother- the only living relative left. The death of their parents took a huge toll on the long red haired boy- the youngest didn't remember either parent nor missed them. The only time you could truly tell the two were siblings, was when in mourning. Leon, the oldest brother, was a quiet depressed type- very self sufficient, even at his young age, but also troubled. The younger was also so happy, cheery, blissful. He was playful, and made even the saddest person's lips curve into the slightest smile. Perhaps that's what kept Leon striving through his depression as long as he did- but ultimately, he'd been found with their father's handmade engraved knife the brother's treasured, in his hand, and blood surrounding his slim body. He was too far gone to bring back. Gin, the younger messy haired happy boy, never seemed more like his brother than at that moment- and the days that carried on.

Nahuel never seemed interested in children- he was too careless to want to take responsibility for another person. Life was a game, that was always worth playing, no matter how bad a hand you were dealt. And games were always fun, even if you lost them. He was loving, happy, carefree. All he knew was to play, have fun, trick. But he was a caring individual, and, perhaps missing the good natured, happy boy, bonded with him as if adopting him as his own younger brother. That was the boy who raced in front of him now: Nahuel. The joker, the trickster, the elder brother.

And as they reached the edge of the village, a low hum sounded, ticking, chirping, clicking across the distance. The cicadas had emerged.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Deeper in the mountains lived a tribe preparing for a great festival. A large brown haired man stood at the cliff face barking orders down below. "More wood! Place it next to the pyre! We don't want to run out halfway through the celebration!" He scratched his hairy chin and grinned. He was the new chief, but he was a strong one. "Boy, grab your sister and gather more firewood! Standing around will get you nowhere!" He called to a young boy with dark hair.
"Stand still for one minute and the slave driver is back up my ass." Grumbled the young Amaru, a boy of 16 with deep black hair and emerald green eyes. He was a thin boy, but had an air of strength about him. He walked off towards the forest grumbling more curses to himself. His anger was not all due to his hormones, some was justly due. This new leader had always been a bit of a bully to him, not by his own meaning, but he had the personality to push everyone else down if there was something he wanted in front of them. "Dulcia, are you in here?" He asked, crawling into a small nook in the mountain covered by hanging vines.
This was their secret place.
"I am." A young girl, also 16, sat on a small stump, wrapping a the hand of a much larger boy in a bandage.
The three teens looked exactly alike, save for their body types. Amaru was lanky, Dulcia was lithe, and Adolphus was muscular. They were triplets, and orphans. Their mother had died giving birth to them, and their father was killed in a battle soon after. Had fate been kinder, their father might have been the new chief, but that was long ago, and old business.
"What happened?" Amaru asked.
"Adolph has been moving wood all day, his hands are all full of splinters and cuts." Dulcia said quietly. She was always meek.
"It's not that bad." The largest brother said in a deep voice.
"That bastard...he's pushing you too hard!" Amaru growled.
"He's pushing us so we don't push him." Adolphus replied.
"It's not fair..." Dulcia whined.
"Don't worry, we will be out of here soon enough. I'm not sitting through another hunting party with Mr. Alpha Wolf up there. I'd rather die of starvation." Amaru rants.
"You will if you keep up that attitude. Come on, let's get back to work." Adolphus said, getting up and walking back into the forest.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 7:31 pm

Nahuel braced himself, hands on his knees, leaning over in a pant. Gin went to bring himself to a stop, dirt smoking behind him, as he toppled over into the ground. A slight whine sounded, before immediately he realized himself and stopped. "Awh, did you hurt yourself little boy?" Nahuel teased, before gasping for air.

Gin composed himself, looking up from the ground, "Not a bit!" He chirped, despite the small bleeding gash on his cheek. "You sure did show me how to be a man- an OOOOLD man! Can't catch your breath gramps?"

Nahuel smirked at the young boy's wit, as Adymn stepped from behind the boys, reaching his hand out to Gin. He laughed, "You're both still young boys." He teased lifting Gin back to his feet.

Nahuel slapped the man on the back, with an ear to ear grin. "Ey, of course we're young compared to a relic, such as yourself!"

Soft blue eyes sparkled, as he nodded, approvingly, "Mhm, but you'll be of my age before you know it, looking back on the hurt that could have been avoided, and the good doing you've allowed to see happen. You're already well on your way, Nahuel, of possessing that wisdom."

Adymn once had two boys; his first born was Wyatt, arrogant and condescending. He was a fighter, and quite the opposite of his father in terms of compassionate. Chogan, the youngest, was maybe a nicer person, if ever he would talk. He was a sad one, but kept to himself mostly. The brothers had a hatred of another, though Chogan held deep admiration for his father. Wyatt admired only the picture that stared back at him in rippled lake water. It was assumed the boys murdered each other as neither had been seen for years. Adymn mourned, but didn't falter in his leadership. He was a fair and compassionate leader, perhaps why his small colony never branch out over other tribes- it stayed small and similar to an extended family. Its growth stunted.

Nahuel was the next in line, Adymn had chosen, to lead the tribe. "Leave now, the night nears, the air is taking on a chill from the approaching seasons, and what lurks in the woods at night is none to friendly." He cautioned, "Store the fish for safe keeping, for tomorrow is a day of harvesting- and as we do always, a celebration of another successful harvest is nearing!"

Gin beamed, he loved the harvest festivals the season of dying leaves brought. He tugged at Nahuel, "Com'on grampa! We gotta get back! You know your vision is not well in the dark, and with you hearing going, you'll never hear predators gaining on you! What if you wander off? I, a strong man, will not be able to protect you, in your senile misery!" Nahuel's taunting was rubbing off on the boy.

"Oi! You sleep with the dogs tonight child!" He barked, trailing off towards his home.

Gin bowed to Adymn, "I bid you a goodnight, and with that good health. See you in the morning!" Adymn ruffled his already messy hair.

"Goodnight young Gin." He smiled, then whispered, as if it were a secret he was about to share, "And make sure you watch over Nahuel- he's so careless, senile or not, he'd not know if a predator gained on him. He'll need your protection, surely."

Gin nodded, taking the command seriously. "I promise to do so. See ya!" He darted off after the other, who was like a brother to him.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:21 am

As the day turned to night the air became brisk. The stars popped out across the sky, and the full moon sat at its place among them. In the village, a giant bonfire cracked and thrashed to the beat of drums and voices. Many danced around the fire, children giggling and spinning with their parents. The leader sat watching from his seat on an outcrop of rock, above them all.
The triplets were in their own little corner, by themselves, watching the festivities around them, present, but un-included.
A feast was going on, as the harvest was collected and already being divided among the village. The hunting season would start soon, where they bravest hunters went out and caught as much as they could to save for the coming winter. Winter was harsh in this land, with no exceptions for anyone. It was a strong mans world.
Above the sound of even the drums the cicadas could be heard, their long wails and quick chirps ringing out above even the screaming children. It was their year, a long time coming.
After much food and drink was had, the leader stood and scratched his chin. "Settle now!" He demanded, and soon everyone was silent, seated around the fire. Only the cicadas remained, quieting for no one. "The time has come yet again for the coming of age ceremony!" Cheers erupted. "We have many fine men and women in this tribe, and it continues to grow every year." He smiles at the younger children. "But we are here to celebrate the few who have finally made it to adulthood, and will take their place as hunters, or wives." He motioned for a group of teenagers to stand up. They formed a line, the triplets standing behind them.
"You will step forward and receive your totem, and become a true member of our tribe." An old man said, as he opened a bag tied at his hip, and removed a totem carved as a wolf.
"First, Vitam!" he called a young man forward and placed the totem around his neck. "You will be a fine hunter, and serve us well." The leader put his hands on his shoulders warmly, and turned him to the crowd. They cheered and Vitam took his place behind the leader.
Each of the teenagers in the line received their totem with applause, and took their place behind the leader. Finally it was Amaru's turn.
When Amaru stepped forward to receive his totem however, the leader held up his hand.
"Amaru, Adolphus, Dulcia. It is the decision of this tribe that you will not receive your totems this year." The leader said.
"What!? No way! We have waited just like the others! We do our work! We are adults!" Amaru snapped at the man.
"You are still children. Though you have grown with the others, you do not display the signs of being ready for your totem. You do not have the signs of the wolf, which we follow in our times of need."
"I am a man!"
"You are arrogant, your sister is sickly, and your brother is meek. You will never be good hunters, and she will never make a strong wife."
"You are wrong! I will challenge you!" Amaru growled, stepping forward.
Adolphus grabbed his brother and dragged him backward.
The leader laughed. "You will challenge me? That's a laugh. You can't even challenge your brother in strength."
"That's not true! Let me go! I'll kill him!" Amaru struggled.
"We are leaving this place." Adolphus said quietly. "Tonight."
"Go then! I don't know why you are even still here. You have no family, and you will never be fit to be a part of this tribe."
"You are but a group of wolves being led by a sheep!" Dulcia cried out.
"A sheep? I'll show you to watch your tongue girl!" The leader started towards the girl, who ran.
Adolphus released Amaru to run after her, Amaru made a line straight for the leader.
The crowd began to pelt the triplets with food as they ran.
Amaru managed to tackle the leader off his feet, but was soon thrown off and landed on the ground hard, winded. He was hit several times by the leader before he could catch enough breath to run after his siblings.
"You three will never step foot here again! If we find you, it will be the last anyone does!" He screamed after them.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 pm

The night grew dark and quiet, as the small boy turned to his side. Across the room, the careless boy lay. Nahuel was only of the ripe age of nineteen. Not yet a man, no longer a child. His story was unknown to all- hi was a nomad before the tribe adopted him in as their own. He was always giddy, no one was sure why such a young boy wandered on his own, in such a cheerful trance. Gin never asked him, he never openly shared. But he was healthy and happy, and talked of the here and now, and then of the later would-bes.
Gin on the otherhand, everyone knew his story, and when younger, he'd thought so little of sorrow and tragedy. He was prone to bliss, but underneath, in his coming of age, deeper emotions developed. He was still yet twelve, thirteen soon enough, old enough to understand and to mourn. Old enough not to forget. He stood, unable to sleep, stared out the doorway. Fires danced, smoking, to ward off animals and insects that would come for their crops. If not for the light of the flames, Gin never would have had the courage to leave his dwelling. He stared into the fire, lost in thought.
Nahuel was strong, thought the boy... He didn't mourn, he didn't know sadness. He only knew to be happy. Where ever he came from, what ever made him a lone wanderer, he was strong enough the bare it himself, and not only that, but Gin's problems too.
I sleepy groan came from behind the young boy, as he quick turned to see Nahuel rubbing his eye standing in the doorway, "What are you doing out here, kid?"
"I uh... needed air. That's all." Gin smiled reassuringly, "I don't need you to keep after me."
Nahuel smiled, "Guess you don't... Do what you want, I'm gong back to bed. You should too." He turned back towards his home.
"Wait!" Gin chimed, the followed with an awkward silence, "Why did you... I mean.. Where.. Errr.. Nevermind. Let's go to bed."
The nights passed, as they prepared for the ceremony and celebration. It was work, but the festival was magical. Bon fires, dancing, and howling in song. Tu-ta-loots from whistling flutes, thumping from drums, rattling, and strumming from handmade lutes.
The moment came when around the fire, fine young women encircled in an alluring dance, beckoning to the fine young men. Tonight was not only a night to celebrate ripe healthy crops, but also ripe and healthy young men and women, ready to become adults; women wives and child bearers, and the men protectors and hunters.
Gin stood among the the group of young men, staring towards Nanuel, who had long since been granted his totem. Nahuel was a jaguar- solitary, in the way he kept to himself, yet strong and able. Gin tossed and turned in his head the animal he might be gifted with, in his growing maturity. He didn't feel different- he thought he might suddenly know what it was to be an adult, but it wasn't so. He stared at the girls questioningly, not like the others, who gaped and practically drooled at the underdressed, ripe developing women that tried to win over the appeal of the boys so that they might choose them as a worthy wife.
Nahuel slipped into the crowed, sending Gin into a silent panic. He felt so alone, staring intensely before him, blankly. He heard a voice break his thoughts- "See somethin' ya like kid?" Nahuel smirked, as Gin yelped to turn around, turning red.
"No!" He said fast, though his blush wasn't convincing Nahuel.
"Maybe you are becoming a man, afterall."
Gin sighed, as Adymn drew near the group, causing the eruption of song and dance to stop abruptly. "My tribe- my children!" He called to the group, "It has been a wonderful year- as well as a wonderful harvest. The crops came in healthy and plentiful- the hunters are well on their way to a healthy winter supply, and over the course of the fall, we'll be well off for a harsh season. Remember, though the cold season is difficult, our neighbors are our brothers and sisters, and in sickness, we are to help restore their health and strength, if possible. No one is abandoned. We must remember that, as the season tests our abilites with harshness..." He lectured, "And now, young brothers and sisters among us, let us celebrate your coming of age today, and award you your proper designation." Behind him walked a women similar in age to Adymn, with dark hair against snow white skin. She was the apothecary and witchdoctor of the tribe- and Adymn's dear wife, Germaine.
She had a soft, highpitched voice, that spoke lovingly to each child presented before her. And then, Gin was called before Adymn and his wife. She hummed in tune to the cicadas, like a choir, praying to the spirits, speaking to the spirits for guidance and knowledge. Her eyes met the boy's capturing his attention, in a way that no matter how hard he would try, he couldn't look away. "You, my child, are playful, loving, yet capable and strong. Able to fend for yourself when the time calls for such." She placed the totem around the boy's neck, "You're the bear of the tribe." He held the little carving in his hand.
"A bear?" He askesd himself quietly. He didn't know what he had expected... Somewhere in the crowd he hard an audible snicker- Nahuel for certain.
As the ceremony ended, the party continued on through the night. Gin found Nahuel, leaning back against a tree, shoving fruit in his mouth. "Hey buddy bear, great party huh?"
Gin smiled, letting go of the grumpy competition- not tonight, he thought. In fact- he beamed a smile that none had seem out of him in a long while, "Buddy bear? I could get used to that- grrrrr!" He growled playfully, stomping around, "I'm a big bad bear, and you're a puny kitten!" He laughed, playfully. Their fun was interrupted by a young girl- long red braids hanging from either side of her head. She was considered a fox to the family.
"Gin?" She asked in a shy quiet voice, then bowed in front of him, "Forgive me for speaking before asking permission. I just..." Her face grew red as her hair, "I ermm, well.."
"Gin, mah boy!" Nahuel patted him on the back encouragingly, "Look at this fine young lady- all alone at such a festival!" He pushed him into her, but his balance- he didn't have much- let him fall instead, puffing up a cloud of dirt. "Show her a good time! You're a man, now, don't worry about what time you're home." He called now a fine distance away, "I ENCOURAGE YOU TO STAY OUT LATE- I'M HOPING NOT TO BE ALONE THIS EVENING EITHER!" He called loudly, but when it reached Gin's ears, it was much softer.
"GROSS!" Gin called back, "YOU'RE NO CAT, JUST A WILD BOAR!"
The girl's name was Elsa, she was shy, yet affectionate, yearned to be a wife and mother, and yearned, even more so, to have Gin as her husband. She tried ever so much that night to persuade him, but he declined, as politely as possible. She was beautiful- but he was uninterested. He wanted a moment of this night to himself, to embrace the moon and reflection. He found himself to the lake, where his aquired brother already was. He was staring into the water, and talking, as though he were praying.
"Please spirits, guide Gin," He started, "I can no longer remain here, and he's now able to care for himself. He's a man, an able bodied man. No longer a child still needing my help through life, in place of his late father and brother." The water rippled, from what Gin could see. Could tears be breaking the water's surface? Nahuel turned away from the water, and Gin quick hid behind a tree, just now realizing he was crying- and hard. Tears were pouring from his eyes. He had no one left- he didn't want to be alone. How could Nahuel consider leaving without even saying a goodbye!? He was angry and hurt. Without even willing himself, he found he was following Nahuel, stalking behind him as quiet as he could. If Nahuel left- so was he. He only regretted not saying so to Adymn or others from the tribe. That night alone, following Nahuel, Gin no longer knew his way back. They were gone- he was gone, and brought nothing with him. It grew dark, and he watched as Nahuel set up camp, and when night fell, and Nahuel slipped into sleep, Gin soaked up the warmth of the fire embers, and curled beside his brotherly figure. And he slept.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 1:47 pm

Days had passed since the triplets had left their tribe. They had followed the river south, away from the mountains, and even with days of walking they made little progress. The forest around them just seemed to grow thicker the more they walked, and the thicker the brush the slower they traveled. The triplets had hidden in their secret place three packs filled with food. They knew their time in their village was numbered even since the new leader rose to power. Once Adolphus felt they had left the border of the tribe's land, he let them make a camp.
"We can stay here for a few days while we work on a plan. With winter coming we will need to find a place to stay, a cave or something where we can build a fire to keep warm. We have to make it low key, so that when the tribe comes hunting they don't find us."
Dulcia was worried, she was not a strong hunter, and she was prone to sickness during the winter months. If she fell ill this winter, there would be no one to make medicine for her, and no one to help her brothers. She would be a burden to them.

The cicadas continued to grow louder, if possible, as the days progressed. Each of the triplets felt this, but said nothing. There was a growing itch inside of them, to move, to run, to scream into the night. Something felt off, the way the wind moved the trees, the way the night seemed less dark, less strange.

Adolphus managed to craft a few spears for the three of them, and Dulcia weaved some baskets with material she could find. Over the days they caught some small game, rabbits and fish mostly, which they began to smoke for the winter. There were bushes back in the woods that still held a few berries on them. Being alone for most of their lives had left them with a great skill for survival. They learned each skill from necessity, knowing they would one day have to use it themselves.

What kept them going most of all was each other. Alone, they were just orphans, small and insignificant. But together they were a family, and if they stuck together they could overcome any obstacle. They would do anything for each other, and that's why it worked. Nothing could tear them apart, for they were connected.

Finally it was time to move, and they journeyed on, as the berries became less frequent and the terrain became more wild. Adolphus soon recognized the area they had wandered into.
"This is the hunting grounds." He said quietly.
"Yeah..I remember this place. It's where all the animals pass through on their migrations. I spent months here with holding spears for the 'men' while they hunted without us." Amaru grumbled.
"Should we leave?" Dulcia asked.
"Yes." Amaru said, turning another direction.
"Wait," said Adolphus. "We should hunt here. Get some big game before the hunting parties get here. It will give us a good head start on our trip. If we catch something big we won't have to stop frequently to hunt the smaller stuff."
"You're right." The others agreed.
"Dulcia, we'll find you somewhere safe to hide, we won't be gone long, and you can wait for us."
"O-okay.." Dulcia hated to be left alone, but she knew this was for the best. Her brothers needed to hunt, and she only slowed them down.

So they settled once again. They found an abandoned wolf's den and set up camp. The three embraced tightly and parted ways.

Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Nahuel's eyes opened into slits, as he began to awaken. "Gin?!" Both boys stirred and jumped to their feet in shock, "What're you doing here!?"
Gin looked up innocently, "What're you doing here?"
"None of your business- you were supposed to wake up next to that girl this morning, not me." Nahuel barked.
Gin stared, confused, "Why would I do that?"
"Some man you are..." Nahuel huffed trying to figure out what to do with his situation now. His thoughts were broken by the little boy's voice again.
"Wow! What are these thingss?! So neat! Kinda creepy, too." He was picking off insect like shells off the trees. He took notice of his surroundings, "Where are we? It's soo pretty, and I've never seen these kinds of bugs before!" The sun shone through leaves.
"Nevermind that, c'mon, we've got to get you home." Nahuel replied.
Gin smiled, "Alright, but if you want me to go home... You'll have to catch me and drag me back!" He ran off, limber and swift, avidly climbing into the trees, where Nahuel lost track of him.
"Gin! This isn't a game! Come here!" He demanded.
"Raawwrr!" Gin jumped frmo the tree knocking the other over, into the ground, "I'm a bear!"
"Bears don't pounce, Gin..." Nahuel rubbed the back of his head.
"I'm a bear, and I do, so bears pounce." Gin confirmed with certainty.
"I have to take you home."
"Why? I can stay out here, with you! I heard you, you're leaving me there. I'm a man now, Nahuel, I can handle being out here. What I can't handle is losing someone else. I lost my parents, I lost my brother, now you want me to lose you too?!" Gin started, with growing hurt and aggitation. "Why did you even bother helping me, if you only planned to leave me too? I've never been alone, and you know what? Why would I want to be, being alone is terrible. Why would you want to be? If you want me to be alone, I will be, but I won't go back there, where everyone else just thinks I'm some kid to pity, because his whole family is dead. It's worse being surrounded by people and feeling alone, than really being alone. At least then it makes sense. Go run away from the only people you have, I won't go back! You were all I had, and you're not there anymore!" He ran off into the forest.
Nahuel just stared blankly. Gin never showed so much emotion, he never talked so negative before in his life. When he was mourning, he was just silent, and then chipper, and happy. Competive, playful... Never angry. Never that way. It made him feel guilty. "Gin..?" He called into the woods. "Come back here..!" He called with no response. "Why on earth did I ever decide to take on a teenager..." He sighed, blaming part of his outbreak on the selfpitying over emotional types, teenagers tended to be. Still, he'd had a point. He had suffered enough, and he should of, at bare minimum, say goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Amaru and Adolphus had been gone for a day now, and Dulcia wandered the general area of the wolf's den with anticipation. She knew it would take time, she really did, but still, being alone did not suit her. She got nervous when she was alone. Every little sound had her running back to the safety of the den. She felt helpless without her brothers. She couldn't help but wonder to herself, what would happen if they didn't come back. How would she hunt? How would she even find her way to where ever it was they were headed? And so she sat and worried as the day wore on. Until she took to looking at the many cicada shells that were appearing around her. And as she did so she felt that tug again. That urge to run off, to be wild. But her fear held her back, and yet drove her forward. She followed a particularly loud call into the deeper brush, curious to see what was making this odd of a noise.

Meanwhile Adolphus and Amaru were tracking what they assumed to be a rather large elk through the plains a couple miles north. So far they had no luck, but the prints seemed fresh, so they were taking that as something positive. Both were antsy to get back to their waiting sister. They had always protected her, and hating leaving her at any rate. With the general feeling of discomfort that the cicadas brought, they had even more reservations about leaving her alone. Adolphus was running a strict hunt. He had no urge to stop until he had caught something and brought it back to camp. Amaru was not one to be outdone, and kept up with his brother at every stride. Soon, thought the brothers, something would have to change, and their luck would have to look up.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 8:44 am

The day was turning once again to the orange skies and the sun peaked over the mountains on the edge of the landscape. Night would be here- the time Gin feared most when alone. Tonight was different, he felt more wild and free. His heart raced- maybe only from the way he hurt inside, but something stirred. Somewhere distant, very distant, he could just barely make out Nahuel's voice calling. He'd not had such ability to hear Nahuel's call the whole day. Either the boy was gaining, or Gin was hearing better, whatever it was, he had no anticipation of returning back.

Nahuel sat under a tree, "Dumb boy... He could be killed in the night out here." He wouldn't stop searching until he found the boy- whether he were alive or not. "I shouldn't have just left like I did. He's not ready to be alone. Some ceremony never should have convinced me of that..." He stomach growled with hunger. There wasn't time to hunt. Not until he'd located Gin. With abnormally good ability, he climbed up a tree, to look out further- no use. He saw nothing. He jumped down- perfect landing on his feet. And took off into the forest, "GIN!" He'd call.

Gin ran, faster, faster yet. Tears stained his face, anger filled his mind. He'd not felt the difference of the earth under his feet. How they now touched bare earth, twice fold-hands and feet against the dirt. He'd not felt his messy brown hair expand down his back, and around his sides, his wide eyes turn to small beady circles, and a snout sprout from his face. It wouldn't be until he stopped that he would realize, what had become of him. And he wouldn't be stopping anytime soon- he was free. He was wild. He wailed more of a snarling sound, the filled the woods. A bear's speech escaping his lips, and still he ran on.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 pm

Adolphus and Amaru had managed at the last light of the day to find an elk who had been injured by some other animal, perhaps a wolf or a cougar. Whatever the cause, they had taken advantage of the situation and killed the animal quickly. They spent the waning hours of the evening skinning the beast and preparing the meat. As the light went away the brothers created a camp fire. As the meat cooked over the fire, Adolphus stared into it.
"We should get back as soon as possible." he said.
"I agree, but we have to get some sleep, or we'll be even slower than if we had walked all night." Amaru replied.
"I guess." Adolphus said, taking his chunk of meat and taking a bite. The meat wasn't quite cooked all the way through, and the taste of blood soon filled his mouth. But instead of feeling grossed out, he felt an odd hunger awaken in him. He soon took another bite, and another and another until he was grabbing at the raw meat with ferocity.
"Hey now! You need to cook that you're gonna get sick!" Amaru said, taken aback.
Adolphus just replied with a deep growl as he kept eating. He felt he needed to, the winter was coming and he didn't know when the next meal would be, he didn't think of preserving the meat, simply eating as much as possible.
"Adolphus, stop!" Amaru grabbed at his brother's shoulder.
In a flash of a second his brother was there and then he wasn't. Instead there was a pitch black wolf staring at him, it's emerald eyes flashing and a snarl upon it's lips.
He let out a yell and fell back. "A-adol- What the fuck!?" He screamed.

Dulcia headed back to the camp as the light faded on the horizon. She heard the birds in the sky, the cicadas, and...a voice? That was a voice, calling for someone? Fear immediately overtook her and she rushed back to the den. There she hid, knowing it wasn't either of her brothers.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Nahuel winced at a sharp sudden pain, rubbing his tailbone, "Ow... something bit me?" He thought strangely, walking on, "GIN!" He called to no answer, feeling hopeless, and nervous. The forestry was thick, as he pushed through it. Deeper and deeper, his voice calling more and more, weaker and weaker, with exhaustion. He wouldn't stop, not to sleep nor eat, despite his stomach growling. Gin wasn't safe out here on his own.

Ahead, he saw rocky terrain, large steep stones curving into each other, leaving a large gap between them, forming the entrance to a cave. Nahuel stared, dazed, maybe, where ever Gin was, he found solace in that cave enough to sleep for the night? Was at least worth the try. He pressed forward and into the entrance, cautiously, in the event something not friendly lurked. "Hello?" He called softly into the cave, as the cave called back to him: 'Hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello...'

---

Gin stared, big bright eyes into the forest, still not realizing what had become of him. He felt hungry, a large snout in the air sniffling, "Something smells good.." He told himself, rummaging around brush, finding bushes filled with raspberries, both black and red. Delighted he put a paw forward to pick them, before he looked to realize, it was a paw- and in no way grasping at those berries. Shocked he jumped back, toppling over himself, furr in a tuff, as he turned lifted his large paws, with curved nails, and covered his head with his hands, feeling fluffy ears, and turning behind to see a little wiggling tail- he liked the wiggling tail at least.

A loud snarl sounded, as he realized he was a bear- it was meant to be a yelp, but he wasn't quite able to yell like he used to. He backed up into a tree, "What happened, what is this?! A dream.." He decided, "I was tired, I'm dreaming, I'm sleeping and I'm hungry, so I'm dreaming of berries and bears... And if I just.." His stomach churned for food. "I'll just.. keep dreaming! I'm a bear, might as well enjoy it until I at least wake up, normal again.." He chomped down on berries, believing it wasn't true reality he was living, and then marched on, as a young bear, adventuring. Somewhere, he picked up, was meat- bloody meat. He sniffed more, and curiously, he started towards the scent.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 8:49 pm

"Adolph, easy!" Amaru exclaimed as his brother snapped his newly formed jaws at him.
The wolf looked down at his feet, realizing the severity of what had happened to him. He turned several times, and let out a series of whines and growls in confusion and anger. He looked at his brother, who was still perfectly human, and put his ears down.
"I-I don't know what's going on, but...that's you, right?" Amaru asked shakily.
The wolf looked back at his brother and nodded, confirming both their fears.
"Okay...look...we can...we should sit down and think about this." Amaru fell on his backside and put his head in his hands.
Adolphus laid down on his belly, putting his head on his front paws, tail and ears tucked.
"What is going on..." Amaru sighed after a few silent moments.
Adolphus responded simply with a low whine.

_

Dulcia heard that voice calling out again, this time it was closer. 'Oh no, they found me.' She thought to herself. Peeking out from the wolf's den, she saw a young man going into a nearby cave. He was alone? What was he doing out here? She didn't like it. She wondered if she should stay put, and maybe he would walk past her. But if he found her she would be trapped in this little den with nowhere to run to. There was only one option. She quietly reached beside her and held a grip on the spear her brother had left her. Did she really have it in her to kill someone? No. But she could scare him off while she ran.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Nahuel sighed pathetically, nothing here by bats, angry at his interruption. They screeched angrily, "Shut up, stupid animals..." He growled angrily, as if his concern for the boy being lost in the woods wasn't bad enough, his tail bone ached, his hang banged, his body was hot. He wondered if he weren't sick. He moved out of the cave, staring off, scoping the landscape. There were trees, dirt slopes, with grass patches, shrubs, broken branches... and a den.. was the den worth searching? Everywhere was worth searching.. yet he felt hopeless about it as though nothing were worth searching. He started towards it, nearing the entrance, peering in curiously, and cautiously.

---

Gin ran, dirt under his large paws, wind rushing into his fur. He inhaled the fresh air, stared off into the sky, at the silver strewn moon in the midnight sky, of dark, deep blue. Stars brilliant, sparkling up high. This freedom took away any fear and anger he had previously held, he never wanted to lose this feeling.- he just felt free.
Wonderful, and free.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 1:46 pm

The man was coming closer, Dulcia clenched her teeth and gripped the spear tighter. As he peered into the den, she pointed the spear into his face. "Get away!" she exclaimed, perhaps the loudest thing she'd ever said. "I will hurt you!" She sounded brave, but her insides were trembling like jelly.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Nahuel was caught off guard, wailing briefly and falling over against the ground with a thud, his already aching tailbone smacking the ground. He looked up at his attacked for a moment; some girl with a spear? Really? Nahuel, in his usual obnoxiously playful way, laughed. He fell backwards and laughed, "Hurt me?" He snickered, "You couldn't even get yourself dinner with that thing!" She was small, didn't seem all that strong, and though she seemed to be attempting to seem fierce- he wouldn't fall for it. He was also kind of a conceited asshole at times. Girls like assholes though- real lady's man, this one. Bunny kisses! 
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Dulcia's face turned red as he made fun of her. It was one word away from calling her useless. Most women might like assholes, but the only asshole Dulcia would put up with was her brother. "At least I don't scream like a girl." As he fell back, she saw her opening and made a break for it. Her brothers were in the plains, she knew that. If she could find the plains, she could find them!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 6:01 pm

Ear peaked up from a bed of hair on his head, and twitched several times before resting in place. He looked after her, "Hey wait! I need to talk to you!" He didn't know why she was in the woods- didn't care much either. But who knows how long she'd been there and if she'd caught sight of Gin. "I have no intention of hurting you! Just one question and I'll go away!" He chased after, his ears flattening against his head as he ran.
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:23 pm

"No!" was Dulcia's short reply and she stormed through the bushes. "You people lie all the time, your word is nothing to me." she said over her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 9:46 pm

"Gah! I'm just looking for my little brother! He's young and he ran off, and I'm worried about him- he's been in these woods alone for hours!" Nahuel chased, "He looks just like me, cute little messy haired boy, brown hair, gold eyes. Always wears his shirts too big?"
Back to top Go down
Morbi_D Sorbim
Admin
Morbi_D Sorbim

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Dulcia froze. "Your brother?" She asked quietly. Was he lying? Was he trying to trick her? Did he know she was looking for her brothers? "Why would he be all the way out here? There are no villages." She asked, keeping her distance, but halting her run.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Admin
Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm

Nahuel froze, "We are from a village far north, up the mountains. I'm a loner type, wandered off thinking he'd be well enough now that he's to be a man, but I gave him too much credit." He explained this quietly, just loud enough to hear, then bore a silly grin, "I'm an idiot."

She now stood still enough for him to see her for what she was; she had black moonlit hair, and nervously shifting eyes. He pondered her for a moment, settling back into reality. First find Gin; then hit on nervous pretty girls, guilt free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...   Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sands Through the Hourglass: This is the RP of their lives...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Role Play High School :: Roleplay Section :: Roleplays-
Jump to: